Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thank you!

I am dedicating this first blog post to my mother and grandmother. Now that I'm a mother I wish I had listened to them both more when I was younger. Luckily they are both still with me so I can still learn from their wisdom.


My intent with this blog is to share time saving tips and ideas. I have a wide range of interests so you never know what you will find here, but my favorite topics are cooking and green cleaning.


Here are some wonderful cleaning tips from my mother and grandmother:
~Get yourself a huge jug of vinegar. Vinegar is a great cleaning agent. Use it in the kitchen, bathroom, etc. Nothing gets rid of hard water stains like vinegar. Just put vinegar in an empty spray bottle. Spray on vinegar and let it set. Scrub and any hard water spots come right off.


~Rust stains? Apply lemon juice and set in the sun.

~Do your dishes IMMEDIATELY after a meal. (If you have small children this a great time for them to either play with dad or help you dry dishes.) This way you will always have a clean counter top.

~If you have unexpected company coming over...it is OK to take all your clutter and throw it in a box to sort out later.



Here is my own tip:

~Always empty the dishwasher immediately after running. This way you can hide your dirty dishes IN the dishwasher. This keeps your counters clean and bugs at bay.

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I clean everything with vinegar! I love the tip for tossing your clutter in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok... now how do you cover up the vinegar smell??

    ReplyDelete